السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
The IAOS Annual General Body Meeting and Election will be held Sunday September 26, 2021 at 2:00 PM online (online platform to be determined).
Only Members in Good Standing may attend, vote, and/or run for a position.
That is members who have fully paid their membership and maintenance fees for 2020/2021 ($240 for individual; $480 for family – see below for details).
DEADLINE FOR BEING “Member in Good Standing”:
- Existing Members (Renewal): September 7, 2021.
The following three positions on the Board of Directors will need to be filled in the upcoming elections, all positions are for a two-year term.
- Vice President
If you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, e-mail your one-page resume to email@example.com outlining:
1. Your qualifications, experience and skills/abilities.
2. Your plans on how you can help IAOS as a board member.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RESUME: September 7, 2020.
Member in Good Standing
To participate in IAOS AGBM & Elections, one is required to be a “Member in Good Standing” . To be a “Member in Good Standing,” you must have met the following requirements:
- Pay monthly membership/maintenance fees for a full 2020/2021 year ($20/m= $240/y for individual or $40/m=$480/y for family) (or apply to have it waived; details on application form) by September 7th, for existing members renewing their membership.
TOTAL ANNUAL FEES (membership/maintenance fees) = $240 for individual and $480 for a family
(Family membership means husband and wife only for the purpose of voting – not children or extended family)
AGBM Resolution Regarding IAOS Membership Fees
On October 6, 2019, the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) for the IAOS was held at the University of Regina. The members in good standing present at the AGM voted to make the following changes:
To change the monthly membership fee for members in good standing as follows:
- For individual memberships, from $15/month to $20/month
- For family memberships, from $30/month to $40/month.
Function and Responsibilities of the Board Members
- Substitute for President when required
- Perform any duty as assigned by the President
- Keep the books of accounts
- Co-sign cheques with the President
- Have financial report prepared 30 days prior to the end of Board’s term
- Collect membership dues
- Present audited financial report of preceding fiscal year of IAOS at AGBM
- Fulfill any Government requirement with regard to IAOS finances
- Meet any other requirements for financial report.
- Present a yearly budget.
- Report the financial position of the IAOS when requested.
Director of the Board – 2 Positions
- Any duties assigned by the Board
AGBM Resolution Regarding IAOS Board Applicants
Sunday, June 11, 2006:
“The Election Committee will determine the eligibility of the nominee for each position in the Board as per the constitution (Article XII, General Election, Section 2.6). In addition, a member who did not submit a C.V. by the last day of the month before elections … will not be eligible to be nominated for any position in the board. The C.V. shall include the person’s qualifications, experience, skills and plans on how to help in the position applied for. The C.V. will be posted on the message board in the mosque and will be circulated to the members of IAOS for their information. In the event that no candidate has submitted a CV for a given position by the deadline, that position will be open to nominees from the floor without a CV.”