Job Opening – Arabic Instructor – Arabic Language Program – Part Time
The Islamic Association of Saskatchewan, Regina Inc. is a non-profit organization of Muslims dedicated to education and services in the City of Regina and surrounding areas of Saskatchewan. The Islamic Association of Saskatchewan’s (IAOS) Regina Chapter was created in the mid-1970s and the first mosque was established in the city in 1982.
The IAOS Regina runs an Islamic Centre & Mosque. It is a place where Muslims gather for worship as well as for educational, social and sport activities.
IAOS will start an Arabic Language Program and is looking for qualified Arabic Language Instructors.
- Degree in Arabic and/ or Education or related field.
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Islamic studies background is a bonus
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and language laboratory and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings and teacher training workshops
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:30 PM, August 10th, 2017.
Job Opening – Part–Time Quran Teacher:
IAOS is looking for qualified Teachers (Male and Female) for our “Part–Time Quran Memorization Program”. It takes place Friday (evening), Saturday (afternoon) and Sunday(afternoon).Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Memorized at least 5 Juz of the Quran
- Preference will be given to Hafiz
- Strong level of Tajweed
- Quran Teaching experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to teach the students with all age
- Strong Islamic Character with good communication and organizational abilities
- A strong understanding of Islamic etiquette and appropriate behavior
- Must have two references to support and is willing to agree for background checks.
Remuneration will be offered as per IAOS standards. Interested candidates are requested to send their Resume to email@example.com by Friday, July 28, 2017
Job Opening – Qualified Teachers for IAOS Summer School (afternoon Shift)
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Education or related field.
- Studied Islamic education from a reputed institution.
- Strong in Quran with Tajweed
- Experience in teaching ages 5 to 16
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
- Be able to work with other teachers.
- Be able to communicate and work with the teachers to implement the already designed curriculum.
- Must have three references to support and is willing to agree for background checks.
Summer school runs from Monday to Thursday.
Remuneration will be offered as per IAOS standards.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest possible time and no later than 12 PM, Sunday 16th July, 2017.