The IAOS Annual General Body Meeting, and Election will be held on Saturday, September 30th, 2017 at 2 pm Insha’Allah (Venue will be announced later)
Only Members in Good Standing may attend, vote, and run for a position.
That is members who have fully paid their membership and maintenance fees for 2016/2017 ($210 for the individual; $390 for the family – see below for details).
DEADLINE FOR BEING “Member in Good Standing”: (please see below).
The following four positions on the Board of Directors will need to be filled in the upcoming elections; all positions are for two years term.
3. Director 2
4. Director 3
If you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, e-mail your one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
1. Your qualifications, experience and skills/abilities.
2. Your plans on how you can help IAOS as a director
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RESUME: August 31, 2017.
MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING
To participate in IAOS AGBM & Elections, one is required to be a “Member in Good Standing.” To be a “Member in Good Standing,” you must have met the following requirements:
1. For New members, submit a membership form with membership Fee for the 2016/2017 year by July 31, 2017 (announced earlier)
2. For Existing Members, Pay membership fee for the 2016/2017 year ($30 for Individual or Family membership) before August 25, 2017 (announced earlier)
3. Pay monthly maintenance fees for full 2016/2017 year ($15/m= $180/y for individual or $30/m=$360/y for family) (or apply to have it waived; details on application form) before August 25, 2017 (announced earlier)
TOTAL ANNUAL FEES (membership + maintenance fees) = $210 for individual and $390 for family
(Family membership means husband and wife only for voting – not children or extended family)
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD MEMBERS
-substitute for President when required
-perform any duty as assigned by the President or by the Board
-keep the books of accounts
-co-sign cheques with the President
-have a financial report prepared 30 days before the end of Board’s term
-collect membership dues
-present audited financial report of preceding fiscal year of IAOS at AGBM
-fulfill any Government requirement about IAOS finances
-meet any other requirements for the financial report.
-present a yearly budget.
-report the financial position of the IAOS when requested.
Directors (2 and 3) of the Board
-any duties assigned by the Boardd