IAOS Funeral Committee strives to provide dignified funeral and burial services to all Muslims living in Regina and surrounding areas. These services are tailored by high ethical standards serving all cultures while staying faithful to core Islamic teachings. We make sure that all families are treated with the utmost fairness, dignity, and respect. We are also committed to working within the financial means of families and providing them with any support that is needed. We pray for Allah’s mercy to be with the departed and hope that they may find peace and happiness in the hereafter. Ameen.
Primarily this committee will assist families with below:
➢ Brief guidance on the funeral and burial process.
➢ Initial communication to the City of Regina and Speer Funeral Facility
➢ Provide viewing services and maintenance of the deceased overnight in the funeral facility of the mosque, if necessary
➢ Arrangement of trained volunteers to perform washing (ghusl) and shrouding of the deceased in the funeral Facility of the mosque
➢ Provide casket and shroud (Kafan) which are free of cost
➢ Announcement of the death in the community, on the IAOS Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/reginaIAOS/ and if possible other social media outlets
➢ Providing the option of affordable transportation.
➢ Arranging the Janaza funeral prayer
Below is the list of contacts of IAOS Funeral Committee Representatives:
1. Aas Malik: 306 999 1666.
2. Haji Chalchal: 306 596 2606
3. Abdul Hameed Ashfaq: 306 502 3771
4. Nafisa Chalchal: 306 596 2607
5. Raheela Agha: 306 201 6545
Currently, Muslims in Regina have two cemeteries to bury their loved ones.
• Regina Riverside Memorial Park Cemetery Link:
• Regina Muslim Cemetery Link:
- Regina Riverside Memorial Park Cemetery
Adult funeral process and costs (a guide to families):
Regina Riverside Memorial Park cemetery is located at 815 Assiniboine Ave E, Regina, SK S4V 1A6
- This cemetery has a section reserved for Muslim lots only. There is also an option to purchase the burial in advance.
- After the death of your loved one assign an individual (preferably next of kin) to make funeral arrangements.
- Representative can contact the Islamic association of Saskatchewan. Subsequently, contact Speers Funeral Services https://speersfuneralchapel.com/ at (306) 522-3232.
- They will assist in the transfer of the deceased body from the place of death to the Masjid.
- Inform Speers Funeral Services and the Islamic association of Saskatchewan’s representative of the day and time of burial.
- Arrange a meeting with Speers funeral Services home regarding obtaining a death certificate, and burial Permit Burial Permit link. The faster it is done the faster we can serve you.
- Arrange a time and date with a representative of IAOS for Ghusl and Kafan and view the deceased. Availability of family members for Ghusl and Kafan is encouraged if possible.
- Burial will take place at the Islamic Association of Saskatchewan, Regina, Inc. section of Riverside Cemetery, Regina.
- Cost of Burial Services (Effective Jan 1, 2023)
1. Paperwork and transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the Masjid and Cemetery:
$1135 payable to Speers Funeral Services.
The cost can be more if services are provided afterhours, weekends and holidays.
2. Cost of opening and closing the grave $1380.0, set up fee $250.0 and fiberglass dome $345.0 paid to City of Regina by Speers Funeral Services. Payable to Speers Funeral
Services. Current cost $1975.0. This cost changes every year and kindly confirm the amount from the funeral home.
3. Burial lot purchase from the City of Regina $1919.0 + GST, payable to the Islamic Association of Saskatchewan, Regina Inc. This cost does not include tombstones and other memorials. This cost changes every year.
4. Islamic association will be providing the services as keeping the deceased in the funeral facility, Kafan and casket are free of cost.
5. Any donations to run the funeral facility will be appreciated.
6. Weekend burials can also be arranged. The cost will vary, and any extra services will be charged separately, check with Speers Funeral Services for the services and charges.
Children (less than or equal to eight years of age)/stillbirth funeral process and costs (a guide to families).
1. After the death of your loved assign an individual (preferably next of kin) to make funeral arrangements.
2. Representative can contact the Islamic association of Saskatchewan. See the contact
information below. Subsequently, contact Speers Funeral Services at (306) 522-3232.
3. You can transfer the deceased yourself to Masjid. This will avoid costs as using funeral home services will result in transportation costs.
4. Inform Speers Funeral Services and the Islamic association of Saskatchewan’s representative the day and time of burial.
5. Arrange a meeting with Speers Funeral Services home regarding obtaining a death certificate, and burial permit. The faster it is done the faster we can serve you.
6. Arrange a time and date with a representative of IAOS for Ghusl and Kafan and view the deceased. Availability of family members for Ghusl and Kafan is encouraged if possible.
7. Burial will take place at the Children's section of Riverside Cemetery, Regina.
2. Regina Muslim Cemetery
1. Regina Muslim Cemetery Regina Muslim Cemetery | Facebook is located at Unnamed Road,
Richardson, SK S0G 4G0.
2. This cemetery consists of 20 acres of land nearly 20 kilometers south of Regina in Richardson.
3. Currently there is a good number of burial lots available, Alhamdulillah. The option to buy a
burial lot in advance is under review.
4. Islamic society of Regina (A separate Muslim Organization in Regina) owns, maintain, and run
Regina Muslim Cemetery. Burial Services are restricted to Sunni Muslim community only by ISR.
5. The cost of the burial is $1500 which is payable to Regina Muslim Cemetery. This cost includes
the burial lot, opening & closing of the grave, setup fee, Fiber dome and plaque.
6. Transportation of the deceased from and to the hospital, mosque and Regina Muslim Cemetery
and paperwork (Burial permit) is completed by Speer Funeral Services Facility.
7. Currently the cost of the transportation is around $1000 and $135 approx. for the
documentation is payable to Speers Funeral Services. These costs are subject to change and can
be affected by if services are provided after working hours, weekends, and holidays.
8. Weekend burials can also be arranged, as needed.
9. Please contact this cemetery at (306) 999-1666 for any further information.