IAOS AGBM and Election 2019
In the Annual General Body Meeting (“ABGM”) that was held on Sunday, September 29, 2019, at 2:00 p.m., the required quorum of one-fourth of Members was not achieved. Per Article 10, Section 3.3 of the IAOS constitution: “In case of an incomplete quorum, a second meeting shall be convened within seven days. The Members present in the second meeting shall constitute a quorum.”
Accordingly, the ABGM will be convened one week from today on Sunday, October 6, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. sharp. All Members present on this day and time will constitute a quorum.
We thank all those that showed up today and InshAllah we will see you again on October 6th.
Research and Innovation Centre RI 119
University of Regina
(Parking lot 16 and 17)
The IAOS Annual General Body Meeting and Election will be held on September 29, 2019, at the University of Regina Education auditorium at 2:00 PM.
Only Members in Good Standing may attend, vote, and/or run for a position.
That is members who have fully paid their membership and maintenance fees for 2018/2019 ($210 for an individual; $390 for the family – see below for details).
DEADLINE FOR BEING “Member in Good Standing”:
- Existing Members (Renewal): August 31, 2019.
The following four positions on the Board of Directors will need to be filled in the upcoming elections, all positions are for a two-year term.
- Vice President
If you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, e-mail your one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
1. Your qualifications, experience and skills/abilities.
2. Your plans on how you can help IAOS as a board member.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RESUME: August 31, 2019.
MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING
To participate in IAOS AGBM & Elections, one is required to be a “Member in Good Standing” . To be a “Member in Good Standing,” you must have met the following requirements:
- Pay membership fee for the 2018/2019 year ($30 for Individual or Family membership) by August 31st.
- Pay monthly maintenance fees for a full 2018/2019 year ($15/m= $180/y for individual or $30/m=$360/y for family) (or apply to have it waived; details on the application form) by August 31st, for existing members renewing their membership.
TOTAL ANNUAL FEES (membership + maintenance fees) = $210 for individual and $390 for a family
(Family membership means husband and wife only for the purpose of voting – not children or extended family)
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD MEMBERS
- Substitute for President when required
- Perform any duty as assigned by the President
- Keep the books of accounts
- co-sign cheques with the President
- Have financial report prepared 30 days prior to the end of Board’s term
- Collect membership dues
- Present audited financial report of preceding fiscal year of IAOS at AGBM
- Fulfill any Government requirement with regard to IAOS finances
- Meet any other requirements for the financial report.
- Present a yearly budget.
- Report the financial position of the IAOS when requested.
Director (2 and 3) of the Board
- Any duties assigned by the Board
AGBM Resolution Regarding IAOS Board Applicants
Sunday, June 11, 2006:
“The Election Committee will determine the eligibility of the nominee for each position in the Board as per the constitution (Article XII, General Election, Section 2.6). In addition, a member who did not submit a C.V. by the last day of the month before elections … will not be eligible to be nominated for any position on the board. The C.V. shall include the person’s qualifications, experience, skills and plans on how to help in the position applied for. The C.V. will be posted on the message board in the mosque and will be circulated to the members of IAOS for their information. In the event that no candidate has submitted a CV for a given position by the deadline, that position will be open to nominees from the floor without a CV.”